23 January, 2016

School-live!. 1 By Norimitsu Naihou

I ordered this book hot off the press, and am one of those people who judge by the cover. Yes, I know, this Library Assistant is crazy to ignore one of the main rules that readers should live by, but hey, I like what I like. Needless to say I didn't read the blurb either, and I'm glad I didn't.

School-live starts very normal and happy - then has a very surprising twist that I didn't see coming.
I thought it was another high school manga series, which it is, but it's not what the story I was expecting. Instead, I got zombies.

Zombies have taken control of the Earth. School-live is about four young girls who are trying to stay alive (and sane) in a high school. It shows them learning how to adapt (it made me rethink about sustainable buildings) and showed a glimpse into the human psyche.

Considering my entire zombie survival plan is to learn how to drive a truck (so I have transport and a weapon), I can’t say that mental stability is something I would have even considered when thinking about a Zombie Apocalypse, so it's really interesting to see what the girls do next. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story pans out, but for now I'll have to wait until the next volume comes out.

Title: School-live!.1
Author: Norimitsu Naihou

Recommended by Emma W

Emma W, a library assistant from East Coast Bays Library, can be found zoning out constantly, requesting way too much stuff or humming along to the elevator music in her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.