02 September, 2015

Ignoring gravity by Sandra Danby

I'm not giving anything away mentioning that this book is about a woman who discovers she is adopted, it is stated in the publisher's blurb.

After their mother dies Rose and her sister Lily find diaries that reveal that Rose is adopted. This comes as a complete surprise and Rose feels like she has been lied to all her life. She sets out to see what she can find out about the circumstances of her adoption and endeavours to come to terms with the impact this revelation makes on her relationships.

When I started this title I thought it was a bit too 'chick lit' for me, but as I got into the story I really enjoyed it. The underlying secrets give depth to the story and encourage you to read on to find out about Rose's past. I liked the other characters in Rose’s life, and that we were told their stories as well. A satisfying and believable resolution ended the book perfectly.

This is the first in the series, Rose Haldane: Identity Detective, so I’m looking forward to reading more about Rose and her investigations into family mysteries in the next title due in 2016.

Title: Ignoring gravity
Author: Sandra Danby

Kathy N can’t go to sleep unless she has read a bit before turning the light off. As well as most fiction, she enjoys craft and lifestyle books to get project ideas for her rural home. She spends most of her working day buying books for Auckland Libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.