Gaston’s sisters Fi-Fi, Foo-Foo, and Ooh-La-La are perfect little handbag poodles. Gaston… not to much. True, he learns not to slobber, and not race, but he keeps growing.
When the poodle family meets the bulldog family, it’s obvious a mistake has been made. But will fixing the obvious make things better?
Be prepared to “aww” with cuteness on this tale of identity and family. It is truly adorable and heart-warming.
This is one of the many adoption-themed books I’ve stumbled across recently. Others on this theme I’d recommend are:
- Guji Guji by Chih-Yuan Chen
- Tell me again about the night I was born by Jamie Lee Curtis; illustrated by Laura Cornell
- Wolfie the bunny by Ame Dyckman; illustrated by Zachariah OHora
- Dragon loves Penguin by Debi Gliori (also published as Dragon’s extraordinary egg)
- The odd egg by Emily Gravett
Creators: Kelly DiPucchio & Christian Robinson
Recommended by Annie C, Helensville Library.
Annie C is a voracious and versatile reader, but her habitual reads are fantasy, romance, and a diverse selection of non-fiction subjects.