16 September, 2014

Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler [Sue W, Central Library]

syndetics-lc
Total light, frothy, naughty, funny trash. Chelsea Handler, I love you. Not so much  your show but your writing is hysterical. She is loud, vulgar, self-deprecating, and a person who speaks aloud the things that others filter pre-verbalising. 

The first book of Chealsea’s I came across was an entire book dedicated to the one-night stands she has had. Yes, truly! I love the fact that she was so brazen (at the risk of sounding like my mother, although mother would use the term brazen hussy) about sharing the plentiful number of candidates but also that freedom to state that yes, she is a woman with an appetite, so what of it? 

After reading that first book, I devoured everything else the library had of hers. Like I said, I am not a fan of her E! show but I love how her humour transpires in written form. This is more of the same, but with a travel focus. Places she has been with her girl bandits as willing accomplices and various examples of women  on location behaving badly. 


Title: Uganda be kidding me
Author: Chelsea Handler
ISBN: 9781455599738
Publisher: New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2014  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.