22 March, 2014

In My Shoes: a memoir by Tamara Mellon [Rochelle, Howick Library]


I have to give Tamara Mellon’s book In my shoes 5 out of 5 in the rating scale.

I have never read such a fascinating story that is written in such a way that is fun and easy to read. In my shoes chronicles her roller-coaster life – from dealing with a difficult childhood, struggling with addiction to finally becoming the savvy and hugely successful businesswoman she is today.

The book offers a fascinating insight into her time running Jimmy Choo, turning the little-known name brand into a very popular household name. Admittedly she was not the name behind Jimmy Choo but her's was the face that you can say “launched a thousand Jimmy Choo shoes”.

This book is highly recommended. It is a fascinating read and I guarantee you will not be able to put it down.

Title: In my shoes: a memoir
Author: Tamara Mellon
Publisher: Portfolio/Penguin
ISBN: 9780670923632 (hbk.)
Publication date: 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.