10 August, 2013

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger [Rochelle, Howick Library]


 http://www.syndetics.com/index.php?isbn=9781439136638/lc.jpg&client=elgar&type=hw7

If someone were to ask me how I would rate this sequel to the hugely successful "The Devil Wears Prada", I would absolutely refuse to do so. I think it wouldn't be fair - given that I loved the first book - to readers who are absolutely waiting with bated breathe for this one. Don't get me wrong. Book 2 isn't that bad but it did disappoint me for a number of reasons:

1. I don't get where the revenge part is in the story?
2. Andy Sachs is still deathly afraid of Miranda Priestly after nearly a decade?
3. Andy lacks the wonderful, vibrant personality that made her a much loved character in the first book.
 4. Miranda Priestly is actually nice?

In saying that, it does redeem itself in more ways than one:
1. Emily is still the same bitch from book.
2. Emily and Andy actually become very good friends in book 2 - (how did this happen? Well you'll just need to read the book I guess!)
3. Andy gets married.
4. Andy finally finds the courage to (again!) stand up for herself and her beliefs.

See, that's the reason why I can't rate the book. Both pros and cons are equal. Overall , I can say it's an okay book. I guess it's my fault for expecting way too much out of this one.

Title: Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
Author: Lauren Weisberger
ISBN: 9781439136638
Published: 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

 - Rochelle, Howick Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.