26 June, 2013

Advice to Little Girls [Baruk, Birkenhead Library]

"Good little girls ought not to make mouths at their teachers for every trifling offense. This retaliation should only be resorted to under particularly aggravated circumstances."

In my (heh) book, any book with this opening should be compulsory reading. A book that is full of such sage advice? Everlasting classic. End of. 

Evocative pictures too. Nice, even. 

And you can't borrow it just yet because I've renewed the only copy in the system. I'm trying to memorise all the wisdom so I can pass it to my niece. No, her parents don't know.

Title: Advice to Little Girls
Author: Mark Twain
Pictures: Vladmir Radunsky
ISBN: 9781592701292
Published: 2013
Publisher: Enchanted Lion Books

 - Baruk, Birkenhead Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora! Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below.